Ski Greenland Powder IS Mountain Spirits
2019 marks Pete’s 20th consecutive season guiding in Greenland!
Pete & Kim Patterson, founders of Mountain Spirits Adventure Travel, started Ski Greenland Powder in 2000 . Mountain Spirits began in 1996 offering skiing, trekking, mountaineering and biking trips across the globe. In the winter of 2000, Mountain Spirits ran a ski film expedition to Greenland for Men’s Journal Magazine. After spending nearly 2 months skiing the peaks and glaciers of Greenland, Pete fell in love with this unique area and started Ski Greenland Powder, the first heli-ski touring guide service in the area. Pete has skied and explored the mountain ranges of SW Greenland more than any other person on earth to date!
Pete’s love for skiing began as a child living at the base of the oldest ski resort in the USA, Sun Valley. Soon after learning to ski he began racing and earned a spot on the US Ski Team at the early age of 16. Pete’s passion for skiing naturally led him to guiding and skiing big peaks throughout the world and eventually into every skier’s dream job, heli-skiing. His heli-ski guiding career began with Sun Valley Heli-Ski well over 30 years ago and his passion for exploring new terrain has led him to guide in the bigger mountain ranges throughout the world.
As a backcountry guide, Pete is well qualified due to his life time of accomplishments, knowledge & experience. Highlights from his career include (but are not limited to):
- Heli-skiing and back country ski guide experience over 30 years
- 1983 Aconcagua (Highest Peak in South America at 22,841’) First Telemark Ski Descent of the Polish Glacier
- 1980 Olympic Downhill in Lake Placid – 5th place (Best ever U.S. mens’ finish at the time)
- 1978 World Championship in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany taking the Bronze-the only US Medal
- 1976 Olympics in Innsbruck, Austria- Competed in the Downhill
- Ski descents of 20,000 peaks and volcanoes throughout Chile, Argentina, Nepal and Mexico
For more information contact Mountain Spirits